Tuesday, May 25, 2010

What I've been up to

I feel like I need to justify my existence to all of my faithful readers out there. Sometime in the next month little Corby will be arriving and then you'll all know I'm taking care of him, but for now I'm just trying to get ready for his arrival.

Most of last week was spent finishing the baby quilt. I took it over to a quilt shop in Springville about 5 minutes or less from our house to be machine quilted. It probably won't be done before Corby gets here, but it's out of my hands now, so I'm not stressing about it.



On Saturday we took a final trip to IKEA. I promised Rog that we are officially done buying furniture for our house. And that means he is done putting furniture together. He's pretty excited about that. We found these bins that are perfect for the changing table.



We got Corby this dresser.



And we got me this bookshelf for my craft room.



I also worked on getting our insurance ready for the switch over that will occur June 1st and yesterday I picked a pediatrician. Corby will be full term (37 weeks) on Friday, but it would be better to have him in June (on Rog's insurance). So we keep telling him that in one week from today he is welcome! Hopefully he won't wait too long after that. I'm getting to the point where random people ask me when I'm due and then tell me to hang in there, so I think that means it's time for him to come!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Emily said...

I LOVE it all!! I love the bookshelf, how much did that cost out of curiosity?? The bins for the changing table look great!

As for the quilt, my Mom hasn't even finished my wedding quilt. So you are WAY ahead of schedule if you as me! :) Looks great!

Mom Lori said...

It all looks so nice - the bins look like they were made for the nursery!

Glad Roger can retire from assembling furniture.

June is coming so quickly :) Maybe not as quickly for you, though! Make sure to take photos since I probably won't see you until you got Corby in your arms. Remember, this too shall pass!

Roger said...

Hang in there! Both of you!

tracy said...

Hah, MomLori, "This too shall pass". Geddit? Ummm, what do you want pictures of....? Before Corby is, you know, all cleaned up and cute?? :)

The furniture looks wonderful!

We bought ours ready made...lazy. Although Chris is excellent at finishing furniture. (We used the money he made on that daring raid into...Idaho during Desert Storm".)