Thursday, February 3, 2011

Bananas!

Corbyn loves bananas!
I was trying to be a good mom and only do vegetables first, but he was having none of that. So I finally gave in and tried bananas. That was the first breakthrough in getting him to eat solids. (The second was only feeding him solids after a nap when he is happy.)
Last week he was being such a stinker. He used his new found crawling ability to follow me around and whine at my feet until I picked him up. (He has since stopped doing that - thank goodness!) One afternoon I couldn't take it anymore, so I put him in his high chair with a banana in his fresh food feeder and let him have at it. I kept refilling it for him when he'd run out and he almost ate an entire banana! He started with a bib on, but he pulled it off and I decided I didn't care.

This is what Rog came home to - a very very messy Corb!

So we threw him in the bath and scrubbed his shirt clean. The mess was totally worth the hour of freedom it gave me!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Ashley King said...

So cute! I swear no matter what you do, they like what they like (and it changes every month!). Gotta love those little feeders, they are awesome!

Ashley said...

Darling. Just darling. I love those smiles! And don't think you're a bad mom for giving him fruit. It's very nutritious, and if he's eating, it's all good!

tracy said...

Hee, love it. What a cute, messy face!
"Yes, we have no banana's, we have no banana's today"!

Roger said...

That is my little dude!

Mom Lori said...

Who can resist Corby's smile . . .

He can get away with anything :)

Totally irresistible!