Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentine's Day

On Saturday we had a reception to go to up in Cedar Hills. We thought we'd make a date of it and go to Olive Garden before. But as soon as we got to Olive Garden, we realized that we had forgotten the diaper bag! We were both pretty upset. I mean, seriously, how long have we been parents?! So we ended up picking up some Cafe Rio, eating it at home, remembering the diaper bag this time, and heading to the reception. It was my good friend, Bud's reception. He actually got married in January, but they had to postpone the reception. It was fun to see him and meet his wife. And we got to hang out with Kyle and Britt! So even though it started out a little rough, it ended up being a good night!
On Sunday I made these tiny pies and hand pies for Valentine's Day. I used cherry filling because it seemed appropriate. But both Rog and I agreed they would have been better with another filling. I should have gone with the apple!
On Monday I made lasagna with garlic bread for dinner because Italian seems like the most romantic kind of food. And because we didn't get our Olive Garden on Saturday! After we put the Corbs to bed, we watched Despicable Me. Haha. Doesn't that just scream Valentine's Day! Really, it was just the next movie on our Netflix and it came that day. But we both liked it.
On Tuesday I was feeling a little sad that my dessert didn't turn out to be as amazing as I had imagined, so I decided to Valentine up some homemade oreos. I had them sitting on the bar when Rog came home from playing basketball with some guys in our ward and I think he was pleasantly surprised!
So that was our Valentine's Day this year. It was a little disjointed and nontraditional, but what matters is that we got to spend time together!
Oh and Rog made me a cute certificate for a DVD player and shelf (to go with a TV he got me a little early for my birthday) for my craft room! What a cutie!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

bec said...

I think every parent forgets a diaper bag at some point. (or multiple times if you're us) Here's a picture from one of these events: http://torandomandbeyond.blogspot.com/2008/08/bad-parents.html

Mom Lori said...

I'd vote for peach filling :)

They are beauties!

Those Valentine Cookies are the most appetizing homemade oreos I've ever seen :)

Happy 8 months to The Corb!