Tuesday, March 20, 2012

St. Patty's Day

I swore I wasn't going to do anything new this month as far as decorations go (other than my shadow box) - I was just going to put out what I had and call it good, so I could spend my time working on Peyton's room. Well, that didn't exactly happen. I couldn't resist doing a few quick (and they actually were pretty quick) projects.
Lucky printable - found here.
Pot of Gold - idea stollen from the lovely Emily! How perfect are Rolos for little pieces of gold?! (I stuffed some paper in the pot, so I only had to fill up the very top with Rolos.) And I cannot tell you how much I love painting terra cotta pots! They totally soak up the paint.
Just today Corby figured out that these little pieces of gold are delicious. I told Rog I would make Rolo Cookies at the end of the month if he didn't eat all the Rolos, but I don't think that logic will work with this little dude. After dinner he dragged the chair over and helped himself to a few before we literally had to carry him away.
I decided to replace the hat that came with my HOME set with a shamrock. I've never been much a fan of the hat. I left it out this year, but I don't know if it will make the cut next year.
And of course my shadow box.
I had a little fun with our menu on St. Patty's Day. For brunch we had Rainbow on a Stick Fruit Kabobs.
And green pancakes.
And then for dinner we had Baked Potato Soup (which just so happens to be one of my all-time favorite foods).
With Key Lime Tarts for dessert. I had enough will power to pass up one food related holiday last week (Pie Day - March 14 - you know, pi = 3.14), but then St. Patty's Day rolled around and I just had to make some sort of dessert. These key lime tarts were beyond easy and so delicious! Good choice, self! And they are kind of mini pies, so I guess they counted for both holidays.
Happy St. Patty's Day!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Roger said...

Corby is getting smarter and smarter. It is fun to watch him figure things out.

Mom Lori said...

Did you have to carry Corby away kicking and screaming? Did you have to hide the pot of gold?

Very cute decorations :)

We got to enjoy a fruit kabob! Wish we'd stayed for dinner!