Monday, January 20, 2014

Rest of December

The day after Christmas Rog and I went up to Brigham City to do a session at the temple there. We knew it was a small temple and they only do 6 sessions a day, but we didn't realize we were supposed to call ahead to reserve a spot in a session. Luckily we were still able to get into the one we wanted!

My parents and Jared watched our kids and then drove them up to Salt Lake. We met them and my Grandma, Aunt Tracy, Uncle Chris, and Cousin Sam at IHOP for dinner. Then we went up to my Grandma's house to open some presents.

The next day we drove through the Spanish Fork Festival of Lights again, but this time my parents and Jared came with us. With the kids on laps, we were able to all fit in one car and because it wasn't very busy, we got to drive through twice! 

After the lights we watched BYU's bowl game at my parent's house. The kids watched a little bit and then we put them to bed there. (They have a crib set up for Peyton and an extra bed for Corbyn.) Then after the game we transferred them to their beds at home - luckily they went right back to sleep! The first half looked promising, but the second half was pretty awful. We lost 16-31. 

On Saturday we went on a triple date with the Petrosinos and the Woods to see Saving Mr. Banks - loved it! Taylor and Martha were supposed to come over for dinner that night, but Martha's water broke, so they ended up having a baby instead!

I saw this picture on Pinterest and wanted to try it out. Before we took down our tree I played with the settings on my camera and ended up with this - obviously hers is better, but a pretty cool picture nonetheless.

On Sunday we taught the 5th Sunday lesson together. Rog volunteered to teach and then the Bishop insisted I teach with him. I was not happy about it - many tears were shed, but Rog did most of the prep work and it ended up not being so terrible after all. (Although if he knows what's good for him, he won't be volunteering again any time soon!) 

After church we drove down to St. George. We didn't do a ton while we were down there. We just soaked in the sun and tried to relax. Corbyn got another nasty cough that was pretty similar to the one he had before Christmas. It was bad enough that we had a PA in my parent's old ward come look at him. He prescribed him another inhaler and medicine and he got better pretty quickly. 

Rog visited his grandparents (the kids and I didn't because we didn't want to get them sick), Rog and my dad golfed, we played at the park (before Corbyn got sick), and we rang in the New Year with games and Funfetti Cake Batter Buddies... It was fun to be able to enjoy a few days down in sunny St. George!

We drove back up on New Years' Day. After unloading the car, we got back in the car and drove up to Saratoga Springs to meet little Mae Phillips. She was only 5 pounds, 9 ounces and 19 inches long when she was born (and she was only a week early). TINY, TINY, TINY!