Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Busy Busy Busy

It has been a week since I last posted because yes, you guessed it, I've been busy busy busy! So this post will be a bit of everything.


Two weekends ago my family came up to visit because my brother had spring break and my dad had a short work conference in SLC. The highlights included golf, games, car shopping (not so fun, but necessary because we are thinking of buying a car while they are cheap), dinner at Red Robbin, and working on a puzzle with my mom while everyone else was bowling. I didn't feel like bowling because I was coming down with a cold/allergies at the same time. We had a great time talking and starting the puzzle (although we didn't even come close to finishing it).

Then this last weekend Rog's family came to visit because his little sisters had spring break. The highlights included meeting the new significant others (my SIL, KD, met up with her boyfriend who lives in Utah and my BIL, Taylor, brought his girlfriend down from BYU-I), doing baptisms for the dead in the Draper temple, and dinner at the Old Spaghetti Factory. I particularly enjoyed doing baptisms for the dead because they don't usually allow endowed sisters to do them.

I finally got around to making a craft for Ashley from my Chain of Giving post. It was a block made of cloth for Kennedy, Ashley's cute little girl. I found the instructions here. So quick and easy! I made one for our future baby while I was at it. For now my baby, Rog, likes to play with it!

Saturday morning we did a 10-mile run as part of our training for the Salt Lake City Half Marathon. It was beautiful weather for a run and we were able to stay under a 9 minute mile pace the whole time. Unfortunately my right IT band started acting up around mile 8 (which is exactly what I have been trying to avoid). So I've been icing it and resting it a bit this week. This morning we did 2 miles to test it out and it didn't bother me. Everyone please pray that it will cooperate, so I can finish the half marathon on April 18th (and with any luck, do it under 2 hours...a 9 minute mile pace).

Sunday I was released as the relief society secretary in our ward (along with the rest of our presidency). It was bitter sweet (mostly bitter) because I have LOVED this calling. Seriously it has been the perfect calling for me and I loved serving with Sarah, Rachel, and Courtenay! Hopefully I'll get another calling soon because not having one feels weird! I'll keep you posted.

Finally, today was Roger's first day of work! Because the warehouse and the corporate building aren't in the same location and it isn't warm enough to use the scooter yet, getting both of us to work is a bit of a challenge. Luckily I have an amazing coworker who goes out of her way to give me rides when needed. Thanks Toni!!

6 comments:

roger said...

For all who are wondering, I had just gotten home from a basketball game (Which we won!), thus the cool black underwear.

Mom Lori said...

I enjoyed the update!

Emily said...

Rog- I didn't even notice!! Sounds like a busy week for the two of you! But fun. Glad to see an update. Your pictures of the temple are good :) I am glad you stayed the extra time to take them! I will pray for your leg!

Rachel said...

Definitely bittersweet. I don't really know what to do with myself anymore! And, I'm definitely going to miss our Sunday morning meetings/parties.

ashley said...

Way to go on the running! You guys are going to be FAST, under 2 hours is definitely impressive in my book :)

Natalie Pyles said...

I love puzzles too!