Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Busy, Semi-Lazy Week

Last week was either really busy or we were really lazy... I can't decide which. For some reason, we ended up going to bed later than our normal 10 or 10:30 bedtime pretty much every night. It was a busy week, but that isn't hugely out of the ordinary. So maybe it was a little of both.


I was determined to file our taxes, so Tuesday I was up a bit late doing that. This was the first year I didn't get every penny that was withheld from me returned, but we still are getting a nice refund. Even though I'm an accountant I dread doing taxes, so I was just glad to be DONE for the year!!

I had a tap performance at the Draper Rehabilitation Center Thursday night and then another performance Saturday night for our director's ward. I had Rog record a short clip, so that it would upload. I'm the cute blond one in the purple shiny disco shirt. Unfortunately the girl in front of me is in the way for most of it, but you get the idea.

Thursday night around 10:30 when we were getting ready for bed, I randomly decided that I wanted some fries. So we jumped right in the car and headed to Wendy's. The line was MASSIVE, so we went over to McDonald's where the wait was much shorter. When we got back to our apartment we saw Bryan and Rachel Martinez leaving to do the EXACT same thing!! I can't speak for the Martinez, but we NEVER do that. It was fun to be a little spontaneous and crazy for once.

Friday night we got together as a (former) Relief Society presidency. We decided to let our husbands tag along because other than Craig (the EQ Secretary), Rog's EQ presidency is entirely composed of our husbands. It was fun to get together! I love these girls!


It was a great week even if our schedule was thrown a little out of whack!

5 comments:

roger said...

It's true, we really do go to bed at 10. I know, we're like old people.

stace said...

shauna!! i completely blog stalked you from my good friend becca's blog...how do you guys know each other? crazy small mormon world. i read your knee post and i'm going through the same dilemma this season too! i was so gung ho to run the half but am having serious knee issues and i'm doing PT for it every week. LAME. but i'm thinking of just jumping in the half and running till i get tired... we'll see. check out my blog stacithacker.blogspot.com!

how's life? you and the husband look super cute and happy.

Rachel said...

haha! Finding you and Rog making a midnight fry run just like we were pretty much made my week. We hardly ever go out late- I just hate leaving my warm apartment. :) And, it was so fun to hang out on Friday!

Emily said...

When we are neighbors and you crave fries, please feel free to knock on my door!!

Mom Lori said...

I must be really young 'cause I stay up way late!

Tax accounting is just one facet of accounting. It's my least favorite part too! So many tax codes - why does it have to be so complicated!