Thursday, April 23, 2009

There is sunshine in my soul today

I feel a little silly writing about this right now because as I type, there is a storm brewing outside. But I think everyone can agree that the past week has been absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Spring has sprung and I am LOVING it!


All week I have been mentally compiling a list of all the wonderful things about spring.

1. I have been able to ride our scooter to work without freezing to death. In fact, it has been very relaxing. What a great way to start out the day and also, a great way to unwind after work.

2. Everything is becoming green and alive again. This tree outside our window makes me happy every time I look at it!

3. Spring = the end of winter semester at BYU. Even though I will continue to go to work day in, day out like I have for the past year, this means that Rog doesn't have homework which means that he will have more time to play with me when we're not at work! To celebrate the end of finals on Wednesday, we got pizza from Papa Johns and ate it outside. I love this picture of Rog because he looks like a chipmunk stuffing his cheeks.

4. It gets lighter earlier (and is warmer in the morning), so when our alarm clock goes off it is easier to get up to go exercise.

5. I don't have to hear Rog complain about the snow anymore. And trust me, he complains about the snow A LOT!

6. The return of paid holidays. There are NONE between New Years' Day and Memorial Day at APX. And you BYU students thought it was bad not having a spring break (I know I did when I was a BYU student). Try not even having Martin Luther King Jr. Day or President's Day!

I am so grateful for the different seasons! Even though we dislike winter (some of us more than others), it is worth it because if we didn't have winter we couldn't appreciate spring. Happy Spring everyone! Oh and congratulations to all the graduates!! (I can't believe that I have been graduated for a year now. Time sure does fly!)

4 comments:

roger said...

Spring has brought me such a nice surprise, popcorn poping right before my eye.

Roger said...

i lost the other eye in a freak popcorn popping accident.

tracy said...

Hee. Roger is funny.
Love that you all are enjoying Spring.
"Spring has spung
The grass is ris
i wonder what
that white stuff is..."

If it weren't for the fact that my boys get out of skool for the summer, i would be an Autumn/Winter person all the way...love the early nightfall and sweater weather. Not ready to give up long sleeves....
"We belong to the night, we belong to the darkness..." (who sings that?)

"Listen to them, the creatures of the night, what music they make."

Prize (seriously) ...are you scared...? to who ever gets the author of that quote right...or who said it...either one. Hint: "Bella" . (Hee...i just thought of something...that's a double hint.)
Bye boo's

Mom Lori said...

I'd say spring is a "win win" season!

Hey, my word verification is
"causerog" seriously!

(translated that means because of Roger)