Monday, December 1, 2008

Black Friday

I've never been a huge Black Friday person. Getting up early to be with a bunch of crazy shoppers isn't how I picture my vacation... This year we didn't get up too early, but we did get some AWESOME deals!

First we went to the Outlet stores. I got some Adidas running shorts from the Adidas store for $15. Then we got a sleeping bag from Coleman for $25. We were pretty excited about these things, but just wait... it gets better!

My SIL, KD, works at Aeropostale. Everything in the store was 50% off, plus we got her 30% employee discount! For those of you who might be mathematically challenged, that's 80% off!!! We definitely took advantage of the situation. We got all of this.....

For $112! Being the accounting nerd that I am, I figured out that it would have been $332 if we paid full price. That's $220 we saved!! THANK YOU KD!! And we even got a free bear for spending over $100.

While we were at the mall, we went into a cute store called St. Nick's which sells nothing but Christmas stuff. We got this cute ornament. It wasn't on sale, but we got free lettering.

Finally, we went to Best Buy where we found Hairspray (the movie) for $6.99!! What a day! Maybe I won't be so opposed to Black Friday in the future....

2 comments:

Mom Lori said...

Nice work! This year many stores were offering their Black Friday deals online. Most were even available Thanksgiving evening. Jared and I had fun shopping on the internet. I didn't go out Friday until 11 am and still got a few deals that I wanted.

Cute froggies!

Anonymous said...

I got amazing deals at Aeropostale on Black Friday.