Monday, December 29, 2008

Simply having a Wondeful Christmas Time!

Although I would have been content just playing with my Cricut machine the whole break, we did do other things too. Here's a quick summary of Christmas morning through Sunday when we had to come back to Provo.

Christmas morning we woke up and opened presents. I've already mentioned Mamma Mia and my Cricut, but I also got a BYU sweater, lights for my bike, clothes, and gift cards. Rog got a tie hanger, a tie, a tie caddy, a video game, money for a bike, clothes, a camping tent and knife, and season 3 of the Office. I'm forgetting lots of things (we are so blessed), but those were the highlights. Here's Rog on Christmas morning. Look at those blue eyes. DREAMY!

After presents we had a feast for breakfast and then spent the afternoon preparing another feast for dinner. I made my famous rolls and funeral potatoes. Rog and Jared played some video games and we all watched Mamma Mia sing-a-long style although I was the only one singing most of the time.

Friday morning we bundled up (in my parent's 80's coats!) and played in the snow. The snow wasn't right for making a snowman, but we made do.




We had lunch with my friend Aubrey and then after dinner, we went with my parents to the Judd's house. They were our neighbors growing up and their daughter Amber was my absolute best friend! It was fun to see them and hear that Amber is going to be a mommy in August! I am so excited for her!

Saturday was the wedding of two of my best friends, Emily Galbraith and Zack Pugh. We did an endowment session in the Salt Lake Temple that morning and then went to their wedding luncheon that afternoon. They had it at Braza Grill (like Tucanos in Provo). We sat with Nate and Ann Edwards. The food was delicious and it was fun to catch up with them.

Finally that night we went to their reception. Emily was a beautiful bride, the food was great, and it was so fun to see many of my friends from high school and even some from college.


It was an awesome week filled with great food, family, and friends!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

For the record, I was the photographer at the wedding. I know, i'm good.

tracy said...

Wow, fun times...i am sooo jealous! i think i heard about Emily's wedding on another blog...guess who's? Sounds like Rog got pretty "tied up"...ha, i am so funny! i didn't see grandms and grandpa out there making any snow angles....hum.
Does Rog know the guy on"The Office", the funny one (okay, they are all funny)with dark hair and glasses spent a season on "Six Feet Under" as "Authur", the student Funeral Director? i loved his character, he was really ...um...different. i will try to find a clip with him. Lucky you!

tracy said...

Where is everyone? Having fun, i hope! In my never-ending quest to try to "smartenize" myself, i pose the following question? What part did Iraq play in the 911 Attack? It took Brian the dog, from "Family Guy" to explain it all to me...see the blog "Bahgdad Treasure" and the short clip therein. Sometimes i am so dumb, i amaze even me. just ask G-Ma. Although, in t h a t situation, i did one of the smartest things e v e r...confused yet...? i am.

Oh, well, Happy 2009...and "Thanks for All the Fish".

tracy said...

http://baghdadtreasure.blogspot.com if anyone cares...
an excellent blog and that Family Guy vid was the most educational thing i have seen in a loooong time.

Mom Lori said...
This comment has been removed by the author.