Saturday, December 27, 2008

Twas the night before Christmas

Christmas Eve is always one of my favorite parts of Christmas. We gather at my Grandpa Ririe's house with my family and my dad's brother, Kevin's family. It was the first year in about 5 that everyone was able to be there and it will probably be another 5 years before we are all there again, so it was extra special this year.

The whole group (Don't mind my cousin, he is mentally disabled, so he didn't know he was flipping everyone off.)

The night goes like this:

First we have appetizers. This year I made Cheddar Bruschetta which turned out very well and completely disappeared before I even thought of taking a picture. And Diana brought some veggies and dip.

Next is dinner. This year we had soups, salad, and rolls.

After dinner is the program. We used to have a talent show, but most of us have outgrown it, so this year my Uncle Kevin gave a nice lesson on the greatest gift of Christmas. Then we read the Christmas story found in Luke 2.

Next is presents. This year my Grandpa is taking everyone on a cruise to Alaska in July, so our present was some money to use on excursions! Here is my Grandma Ririe with the Christmas board I made her.

And finally we have desert. This year we had pie! YUMMY!

I am a big fan of traditions, so I love Christmas Eve. I love how we do the same thing every year and I was so excited to show Rog how Riries celebrate Christmas Eve!

3 comments:

Mom Lori said...

So what did Rog think of the "Ririe" Christmas Eve?

tracy said...

i like your cousin! :)

tracy said...

You guys look very adorable...have i told you that lately???