Sunday, December 21, 2008

Finals week is over, the goose is getting fat.

That's how the song goes... right? Well, I'm a little late posting about finals week, but I thought I would post it now, so everyone knows what Rog is up to. Anyone who's ever taken finals knows that some go how you hope, some don't, but either way, you're always happy when they're over! He took his finance test on Tuesday, management communication Wednesday, humanities Thursday, and then accounting 210 on Friday.

Accounting 210 is a very difficult class. (It was my favorite class at BYU, but I'm a little weird.) The grading scale is pretty set in stone, so before you take the final you can calculate exactly what you need to get an A, A-, B+, B, etc... Rog figured out that if he absolutely aced the final he could get an A-, if he did average (above a 68%) he would get a B+, and if he didn't do very well he would get a B. He decided to go for the B+ because the A- didn't seem too possible.

So on Friday afternoon he called me after he took the final and told me that he got a 67%... I honestly thought he was joking because he had gotten above a 70% on all the other tests in that class. But unfortunately he wasn't joking. Obviously he wasn't very happy, but we got Papa Johns pizza and breadsticks for dinner and that seemed to cheer him up a bit.

Now he has absolutely nothing to do for 2 full weeks. Lucky him... Some of us have to work over the break. Ok, I only have to work Monday and Tuesday and then I get Wednesday through Friday off both weeks, so it should be a good break for both of us.

1 comments:

tracy said...

Nu.... Rog, it's okay, you still did good in the class.

Yep, for once, i just might be working longer hours than Chris....depending on what good old "Cracker Barrell" has in mind for him...