Saturday, December 13, 2008

Every family needs an...

ADVENT CALENDAR!!!

I found this project on my friend Emily's sister's blog and decided to copy it. The directions for making it can be found here. It wasn't too difficult and I would have been done much sooner, but I had to order the wedding favor tins online because they were very expensive in the store! At least we'll have it for half of the countdown this year and the full countdown for many years to come!

Apparently Roger's family never had an advent calendar, so when I told him what I was making, he had no idea what I was talking about. Of course he was much more into the whole idea when I told him he would get some candy from it every day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew what an advent calendar was, I just didn't know that is what it was called.

Edda Phillips said...

Super cute! I'll have to try this one out!

Emily said...

Super cute Shauna!! I looked at the picture before I read your text and I was all, "Hey! My sister has one of those too!" But you gave credit where credit was due. One day I might get on board as well!!

Oh, and PS- Zack and I move in this week (little by little) so I will come by and say hello to you, Rog, and the Frogs!

Nicole said...

Hey, this is Emily's sister, Nicole. I'm so glad you liked the advent calendar! Yours turned out very cute. Aren't blogs so great so you can steal ideas?!! I don't claim to be original, but I'm great at copying :) !! Enjoy the advent calendar and Merry Christmas!