Sunday, June 7, 2009

A little of this and a little of that...

I have a lot of random things to blog about, so here goes.

Rog has been studying nonstop for the GMAT and stressing to the max over it. He has taken some practice tests and every test he takes he improves, but he's not quite to the 600 we are hoping for. He takes the real thing this Saturday and then he will probably study for the rest of the summer and take it again at the end. That definitely isn't how he wants to spend his summer and it isn't fun for me either. Just pray that he gets a 600 this Saturday and then we can be done with it!

I had my last tap performance (probably ever) on Friday night. The group is taking a break for the summer and then I decided not to come back in the fall. There are many reasons for this...

1. I loved the big show we did at the Covey Center in January because it was a real organized performance and we were all ready for it and could perform and feel good about how we did. But ever since then we have just been doing little dinky performances at random places and we never are ready for them, so I don't feel good about my performance and that makes it not so fun.

2. Because we only practice once a week, it's hard to get to know the girls in the group. Everyone just talks to the people they knew from before. My good friend Ashleigh Adkins was in the group, but she isn't doing it anymore, so I don't have any friends. And my shyness prevents me from making new ones.

There are other reasons, but I won't continue to bore you with them. I loved dancing again, but I just felt it was time to be done. Hopefully I will get a little girl first and then I can put her in dance when she turns 3 and get my fix vicariously through her.

So You Think You Can Dance has started for the summer and Rog couldn't be more happy! (Actually he hates it because when it's on I go into trance mode and don't pay any attention to him. Sorry honey!) He was even more excited to hear that they are doing a fall season as well this year! It's the only show I watch and it's only 3 hours a week (less because we TiVo it), so you don't have to feel too bad for him. Here is one of my favorites from last season. It wasn't a very popular one, but I loved it because of how they used the shirt to do so many things.

I could go on all day about my favorites from last year, but I'll restrain myself for your benefit. On Thursday they revealed the top 20 dancers for this season, so now it's time for the good part of the show. (Watching the auditions is ok, but watching the dancers perform the dances choreographed by the professional choreographers is so much better!)

This weekend we enjoyed spending time with both sides of our family. We played mini golf and got a free donut from Krispy Kreme for National Donut Day with Diana and Jason (my sister and BIL). And Roger's family was here dropping McKae off for college. (She's going to the LDS Business College.) We waited 2 hours (no exaggeration) to eat at Texas Roadhouse (like Outback, but with bigger portions). We were told we would have to wait an hour and a half max, so when we finally were seated they brought us two huge appetizers along with the free bread that everyone gets. And then before we could blink, our salads were there. And before we could eat those, our meals were there. It was crazy! No one could even come close to finishing all that food, so we came home with tons of leftovers.

Yesterday morning Diana and I went to a Clinic for Tri Beginners. We learned about how everything works (starting, transitions, etc...) and then road the bike section and ran the running section. The bike section was much harder than I was hoping for (lots of hills and wind). But we both made it just fine. So other than the swim section, we did the whole tri! We'll add some more hills to our bike training in the next 2 weeks and then we should be ready for it!

Finally, if you want an update on how little Sam is doing, click here. He is doing well and he's so cute under all those wires!

Thanks for listening to my ramblings! Happy Sunday!

7 comments:

Roger said...

I think it is great when Chief goes into a trance while watching So You Think You Can Dance, because I do the same thing when I play a video game and now I don't have to feel bad.

Leigh Way said...

ok I vote that we start up SYTYCD parties so we can hang out and so you can teach me how to do crafty things! I love the picture frames!

tracy said...

Ooooooohhhh, hottie, hottie, hottie...

Kinda like the trance i go in to whilst watching a show like
"Real Stories of the ER"...

Hee this one's for Roger...verification word "...tendo"

Mom Lori said...

Go Roger - 600++++++++++

tracy said...

Yay, go Roger...! i won't tell you what "The Brain", B.B. Av got, 'til later...ewwww, this remimds me of the MCAT...yeah, that time i took it...HA!

That dancer would look really hot in a "wife beater"....and could someone tell me who came up with such a terrible term...???


Thanks for the link to the update on little Sam.

tracy said...

Ro-ger, Ro-ger, Ro-ger!!!!!

Goin' for that 40q....oops, wrong test!!

Will be thinking of you...is that good or bad...?? ;)

tracy said...

For some inspiration

You Tube..."Nathan Finishes the MCAT"

or perhaps "Real Med Students of Genius Mr. Fourth year Gunner"

i know, but they're quite funny anyway......