Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Some Redecorating

Some people have given me a hard time about my apartment having too many wedding pictures. (The product of decorating our apartment very shorly after being married.) So I decided to do some redecorating. And because most of the people who have given me a hard time live far away and won't see the changes I have made, I decided to post about them. I should have taken before and after pictures, but I didn't. So here are just the after pictures.

I found an amazing tutorial on "How to Hang a Picture Collage" (click here) which inspired me to do this. I think it needs a little something on the left to balance it out, but I ran out of black frames. So I may be adding something to it, but here it is for now. It is above our kitchen table. The tutorial made it so easy that I was able to do it all by myself while Rog was gone studying for the GMAT.



We just had random pictures in this frame (none of which were wedding pictures), but while I was redecorating, I got the idea to make it into a BYU Football collage. It has a picture from each year I've been at BYU starting with my freshman year. GO COUGS!!

Our dresser. The frame that says "Family" used to have wedding pictures in it and it didn't say "Family". We had a different frame with a picture of the Phillips Family, but we didn't have a picture of the Ririe Family. So I decided to turn this frame into a family frame with a picture of both families. (Ririe family, I think we need to take a new family picture while we are on our cruise to Alaska this summer.)

And finally our entertainment center... It used to have my bridals on top, but I replaced those with this cute frame from the Fords. And the frame I made for the May Enrichment Craft Night replaced a wedding frame.



I think I can safely say we are MUCH more diverse in the selection of pictures in our apartment now. Yes, most of the pictures are of the two of us, but we don't have kids yet, so you'll have to give us a break until we have some.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Emily said...

I love looking at wedding pictures! So really and truly it never bugged me or even crossed my mind that you had too many wedding pictures. The new ones look fun, and I like the collage!

Mom Lori said...

Yea, wedding pictures are great! I wish I'd got married in April with the gorgeous flowers instead of December with the fog....

I love your new look too. I am going to use the idea for a photo collage - hopefully sooner than later!