Monday, June 29, 2009

Park City

Back in April when we celebrated our 2 year anniversary, we were supposed to go hot air ballooning. But the weather didn't cooperate, so we rescheduled for this weekend. It was definitely worth the wait because the weather was AMAZING!! And even though it was pretty expensive, it was worth every penny!

Ever since we went to the balloon festival last year for the 4th of July, I have been in love with hot air balloons. They are just so beautiful and inspiring. I knew that I had to get up in one. I was a little afraid that I would get motion sick, but I didn't at all! It was such a calm, peaceful ride.

If you have never been to a balloon festival, you NEED to go to one! This year the balloon festival is July 2nd, 3rd, and 4th at 6:30 am on the Bulldog Field (1100 N. Freedom). 6:30 is pretty early, but it is sooooooo worth it! We are going on the 3rd and I CANNOT wait!

Here are some pics from our adventure! Rog got to help blow up the balloon. It was HUGE! The ones at the festival are private balloons, so they only fit 2 or so people. The one we went in fit 12 people! There were 2 balloons from our group. I liked being in our balloon and being able to see the other one.

After our balloon ride, we rode the Alpine Slide and visited the Utah Olympic Park. At the olympic park we got to see real athletes training, walk through the museum where they have lots of cool hands-on activities (I got the high score on one of the games), go on the Xtreme Zipline (the world's steepest zipline), and watch the Flying Ace All-Stars Freestyle Show (the athletes do flips and other tricks into a pool). It was a fun place to visit!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Mom Lori said...

I think you need to treat your mom to a hot air balloon ride for her 50th birthday - just kiddin'

I am for sure riding the zipline!

Roger said...

It was soooooo cooooool!