Saturday, June 20, 2009

We did it!

As of 8:30 am this morning, we can say we are triathletes! It really was a great experience and I'm so glad we did it! I already want to do another one (provided I get some skinny tires for my bike). 3 months ago I didn't even know how to swim laps and now I love to swim! Really, I LOVE it! Biking I don't like as much. It didn't help that I used a mountain bike and the course was full of agonizing hills and the wind was ferocious! Rog is just the opposite of me. He hates to swim and loves to bike (even with a mountain bike). I beat him by a full minute on the swim, but he made up for it in the bike. We ended the bike at the same time and then ran together. Of course, Diana killed us, but we're going to blame it on the bikes. (She has a road bike.)

With our Race Markings



Right Before the Start



Swim 300 yards, Bike 11.6 miles, and Run 3 miles



After!



Thanks Jason for being our photographer! (He couldn't do it because he was in a minor scooter accident not too long ago.)
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Emily said...

Look at you guys go!! Triathlete- SO cool!! Looks like you did really well!! What was your final time?

PS- you guys look great in those swim caps! Where did you practice laps at anyway? Zack and I can join you in our HHS caps from high school. Ha ha.

tracy said...

Congrats, my Tri-triathlete's!

Can't wait to congratulate you in person! i truly admire all of you (and of course, "Jeb" too!) in so many ways!

Well done! :)

Lisa said...

Congratulations!!! Seriously, Chief, you are stellar. Distributing flyers, making delicious fruit dip, rocking a triathlon, then rushing to get all ready and come to Enrichment. You amaze me. Thank you for all you do and congratulations on your big accomplishment!

Edda Phillips said...

Way to go!! That's so awesome you did that!

Rachel said...

You are AMAZING. Seriously, I keep thinking you'll inspire me with all these races, but I just feel intimidated. :) Way to go!

PS- you may not buy me a new plant because A. it was already half dead when we gave it to you and B. I kill everything (hopefully not people, just plants)

Mom Lori said...

I like that Tracy, TRI-triatheletes!

Way to go my dear ones!

Are you sure no one used a snorkel?

ashley said...

Congrats to all of you! I'm so impressed, that is a huge accomplishment!! I can't wait to see what you decide to do next :)